Most Important Node.js Modules
Posted on: October 22, 2011
- NodeBootstrap Node app skeleton with best practices sprinkled all over
- Connect Middleware
- Nodejitsu Nodeapps sample apps
- Nodejitsu Open Source open-source projects from Nodejitsu
- Eric Elliott's List
- Joyent's Catalogue of Node modules
Assorted Modules List:
- BestieJS - A collection of modules/libraries that promote solid browser/environment support, ES5 precedents, unit testing, and documentation.
- Express Web-framework for Node.js
- Async.js - Asynchronous (and
functional programming) utilities for Node.js and browser
- Koa.js - Expressive middleware for node.js using generators, created by the same people as Express.js
- Step An async control-flow library that makes stepping through logic easy
- Gulp streaming, DSL-based build system.
- Passport Powerful authentication middleware for Node.js
- Connect - web middleware for node.js
- Sequest - Simplified API for SSH and SFTP similar to Request.
- Engine.io - web sockets on steroids
- Faker.js - generate massive amounts of fake data in Node.js and the browser
- SuperAgent - elegant Restful and asynchronous HTTP client
- Node Config - environment-aware YAML configurations for Node
- Brain - Neural network library
- Nodetime - Performance profiler for Node.js
- Cradle: CouchDB Client
- Monk: The wise MongoDB API
- Node Inspector - live debugging from a WebKit browser
- v8 Profiler - node bindings for the v8 profiler. Integrates into Node Inspector for the UI
- Elastical: Elastic Search Client
- MySQL library by Felix Geisendörfer. I use this one out of many similar ones. Pick your poison.
- LibXML to JS: convert XML to JSON using Libxml. (Requires Libxml and Scones libraries to install)
- Smartass JSON CLI - A "json" command for massaging JSON on your Unix command line. This is just a CLI utility, not for use in production code.
- Cookies - Streamlined cookie management
- Underscore.string Make working with strings in JS painless
- Dialect: i18N package for node.js (@see: Dialect HTTP: its UI)
- Moment.js: Powerful utility for working with dates and times
- Share.js Live Concurrent Editing (client-side script)
- Commander.js: a nifty tool-box of command-line utilities (parser, prompter etc)
- Nomnom - Very nifty command-line options parser
- Prompt: Command-line prompt for Node.js
- Forever: Make sure node.js script runs forever
- Mocha: BDD Testing
- Jasmine: BDD Testing
- Node Walk: Recursive file listing, port of Python's os.walk()
- Alertify.js - Beautiful alerts and notifications
- At.js - Github-like mention autocompletes for your textboxes.
- Caret.js - Get caret position or offset from input or textarea.
- Laconic - intuitive approach to generating DOM content
- Epic Editor - Markdown editor
- Keymaster - A simple micro-library for defining and dispatching keyboard shortcuts.
- Smoothie Charts - super-fast streaming data charting
- HeyOffline.js - Detect network connectivity loss and alert user
- BigScreen - Full screen made easy