Espresso And Syntax Highlights for Custom File Formats
I like Espresso from MacRabbit for server-side scripting a lot. The latest version (2.0) has merged a wonderful code editor with the best-of-the-class CSS editor, giving one awesome, unified experience. And, of course, you can edit your files directly over an SSH connection (the latter, alas, is not as straightforward as it is in Panic’s Coda, but, well, we love both of them for different reasons).
- Right-click on Espresso.app in Finder and select: “show package contents”.
- Go to folder: Contents > SharedSupport > Sugars
- Right-clic on “XML-and-HTML.sugar” and select: “show package contents”.
- Open Languages.xml for editing (with vi, Textmate or whatever your favorite text editor is)
Scroll down to detectors section which should read something like:\
html htm ...
Add more extensions to the section, e.g. for handlebars, I added:\
- Save languages.xml and restart Espresso